Most webmasters are aware of the pages on their site that generate the most profit. Since the main goal of most businesses is to increase revenue, the profitability of many pages is often improved by:
- Employing a conversion rate specialist
- Conducting A/B testing
- Using tools that record the behaviour of visitors on your web page
However, a frequently overlooked method to increase the profitability of the top content on your site is to make them more visible.
Move Your Best Performing Content Up In Your Site Structure
When examining the analytics of your site you may encounter pages that have good conversion rates, but are not prominent in the structure of your site or via user navigation. Most visitors access these pages directly from organic search results, and do not often navigate to these pages from other site pages.
This presents an opportunity for increased sales. Although these pages convert well, they can get more traffic if they are placed higher up in the structure of the site.
By moving the pages that convert well higher in the structure of the site, they are likely to generate more conversions. This is because when content is easier to access for both search engines and users:
- It is viewed more frequently by visitors
- It is crawled more often by search crawlers
- This content is ranked higher in search results since it is more prominent in the hierarchy of your site.
- The page rank of this content will increase since it is closer to the home page.
Display Your Best Content On The Most Visited Pages
Another method to obtain even more conversions from your best content is to feature or display it on the pages of your site that get the most traffic. This allows more visitors to see this content, which will result in more conversions.
You can easily determine the most viewed pages on your site using Google analytics or any other analytics software.
Include Contextual Links On Relevant Pages To Your Top Converting Content
Internal linking can be an effective SEO tactic. To improve SEO, linking internally can:
- Result in semantic relevance reinforcement for a web page using anchor text that is a keyword, making it rank better for targeted searches
- Increase Link Equity flow to your converting page
- Result in more page visits and increased time on site
Inline links can increase the visibility and exposure of your top converting pages and thus increase your sales and profitability. To do this effectively you must make sure you are putting your links in the right context and on the right content.
To increase the number of conversions your site generates, it is important to ensure that the content on your site that converts well, is prominently displayed on your site. We have provided you with several ways for increasing the visibility of this content and increasing the number of conversions, and profitability of your site.